Part one: Survey Background
A. CUPSA received requests from students concerning the need for career plan training .
B. In order to investigate the real needs of students, together with the Career planning and
development centre(CPDC), an online questionnaire survey was carried out in December 2012.
C. There are 63 valid responses in total.
Survey about CPDC
1. How often do you pay attention to the workshop/seminar from CPDC?
A. as long as new information is posted (16)
B. never paid attention ( 12)
C. three days once (14)
D. one week once (21)
2. How do you get workshop/seminar information from CPDC?
A. CPDC webpage (2)
B. CPDC Career Service webmail (61)
3. Have you met workshop or seminar out of quota from CPDC during application?
A. never full（8）
B. full everytime （3）
C. often full（20）
D. seldom full（32）
Survey on career plan
1. Your plan after graduation:
A. still in consideration（2）
B. work in mainland (10)
C. further study (4)
D. work in country nearby (1)
E. work in Hong Kong（46）
2. Your orientation for work:
A. not very clear, I need to join more seminars to see what I’m interested in.(33)
B. not clear, I have no idea what kind of jobs my major will match (18)
C. I know it very well and the companies I’d like to join (12)
3. Your idea about seminars in campus:
A. I can find companies matching with my interest, but the number is limited(50)
B. I can’t find companies matching with my interests and major (13)
Survey on campus resource
1. Have you ever used CU Job Link or JIJIS to find jobs or information about companies?
A. I don’t know CU Job Link and JIJIS (25)
B. I know and have used both CU Job Link and JIJIS (15)
C. I only know and have used CU Job Link. (13)
D. I only know and have used JIJIS. (10)
2. Have you thinking of alumnus when applying jobs? (graduated seniors）
A. I never thought about that, and I don’t need their help. (2)
B. I never thought about that，but I think their experience will be very helpful (13)
C. I need them to share some experience but I don’t know how to contact them (43)
D. I need them to share some experience and I have already contacted them successfully. (5)
3. Cantonese is a big disadvantage for non-local student, what’s your situation for this?
A. I can speak Cantonese and don’t need to study it (15)
B.I want to learn Cantonese and know how to study it. (16)
C. I want to learn Cantonese but don’t know how to study it (32)
Other Suggestions (Open-ended)
1. What are your suggestions and advices for workshop/seminar from CPDC?
ž More workshops are needed except Financial
ž More information about employment trend and development trend is needed
ž Much better if matches my study and major
ž More quota is needed for the workshop/seminar
ž More specific tutor for taught student
2. What are your suggestions and advices for seminar on campus?
ž More mainland companies seminars are needed
ž More variations of companies are needed