The Note of Student Forum on 334
Time: 6:00 p.m. Feb 1 (Friday), 2013
Venue: Science Centre Piazza
Attendants: Members of the University management
Student Representatives from Colleges/Societies/Institutions
University students and staffs
Master of Script: Prof. Dennis NG, the University Dean of Students
To review the new measures and to collect students’ views and suggestions on any issue the students concerned about including curriculum, class/examination schedule, facilities, accommodation, canteen and transportation, etc.
* Accommodation situation and issues were illustrated by the Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Prof. CHING Pak-chung.
* Traffic problems were introduced and explained by the Assistant Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Prof. FUNG Tung.
* Canteen situations were described by the Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Michael HUI.
* Library & Facility issues were instructed by the Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Prof. HAU Kit-tai.
* General affairs and questions were illustrated by the Provost, Prof. Benjamin W. WAH.
Some messages for Postgraduates:
* On the issue of shuttle bus schedule and route (especially Route 2、3、H、N)，Transport Unit will continue to make more improvement, as well as the service from shuttle drivers.
* No response on the shuttle of Prince of Wales Hospital. CUPSA has reported this issue and would follow up.
* Vegetarian or Muslim canteen is still in planning and tender for it is welcome.
* The canteen of Lee Woo Sing College would be completed in the next semester, which is expected to make Shanghai Dish as their staple.
* The issues about the library opening hours will be forwarded to the University Library.
* The overcrowding problem of Chung Chi Tang canteen would be improved in the future.
* The price and service issues of the University Bookstore will be negotiated.