Golden phoenix -CUHK 50th Anniversary Postgraduates Photo Contest
The ChineseUniversity of Hong Kong Golden Jubilee
To deliver the Scenery and Culture of CUHK from photos
All CUHK postgraduates (including full-time and part-time)
1st prize: Amazon Kindle 3 (one awardee)
2nd prize: Polaroid camera (two awardees)
3rd prize: mini-stereo (three awardees)
Honorable prize (5 awardees): CUHK USB flash disk
Actively participated prize: CUHK souvenir (all participators)
Deadline for submission: 23:59, April 3rd, 2013
Display and voting: April 5th, 2013 - April 14th, 2013
Announcement of the result: late April, 2013
* The photos should be submitted as a group(no more than 4 pieces)
* Two categories can be chosen in this contest. No more than 2 groups of photos can be submitted in each category.
* All the works for contest should never be submitted to other contests or be published or spread on Internet.
* The photos should be original works and no infringement upon others’ rights (including copyright) is allowed. The organizer has no responsibility to contestants’ would-be results of infringement.
* The organizer reserves the right to display and/or promote the photos on media (such as official web and other activity platform) without paying royalty to the contestants.
* The photos can be either black and white or color image.
* No scanning copies of film camera are accepted in this contest.
* File size: amount to no more than 25MB(each work no more than 10MB)
* Format archive: JPEG/150 dpi, sRGB is the judgment basis of standard color range.
* The organizer reserves the right of final interpretation of this competition
Please send your photos (in zip/zar format) to email@example.com (entitled ‘photo contestant’) and include the following information clearly (refer to the application table attached):
Participator can write a brief introduction (no more than 40 words) on the essay submitted (please write in the application table if any)
Organizer will create an online assessment platform which displays all assays for voting. A committee composed by experts will reevaluate after voting. Final results will be posted on CUPSA’s official web and informed to the participator by phone or email.
Notification of Award Collection
The winners should collect the award within the period specified by the organizer. The award will be void after 7 days of the notification.
* Competitor should have the copyright of photo(s) and is responsible to get the approval of the person who was involved in the photo(s). There is no responsibility for organizer on any statements or complains on the right of use or damage of reputation of a third party.
* Organizer reserves the right of disqualify any essay which violate intellectual property
* Once submitted, the photo(s) will never return to the contestants.
* All photos should be submitted via internet.
* All material (photos and contestants’ information) will be stored in the official server of organizer.
* Upon competition, it is deemed that you have accepted and agreed to the competition rules. For the unmentioned stuff in competition rules, organizer reserves the right of final decision. Participator could withdrawal if he/she does not agree with organizer’s decision. Participator who withdrawal the competition will undertake all relative cost.
* For uncontrollable situation (include but not limited to computer virus or unauthorized access of official server) which interrupted the competition , organizer can pause or postpone to receive all photos.
Rights of organizer
* Organizer will reserve the rights to exhibit all the contest works. For the purpose of publicity, the organizer owns the non-exclusive right to publish, copy, promulgate, exhibit, print, distribute and project the winning works on website and in the public places of CUHK. There is no need for organizer to pay the compensation or to obtain the photographers’ agreement in advance.
* The organizer has the right to display the winners’ name and their works’ name on website, photo show or other places. The organizers can a) display the awarded works on the official website via any forms. B) use the awarded works on posters, tickets or brochures for publicity.
* Once mutually agree, organizer will reserve the non-exclusive right to publish, copy, promulgate, exhibit, print, distribute and project the winning works without extra compensation.
* Organizer reserve the rights of disqualify any photos (without noting the author) based on organizer’s assessment. If the photo is disqualified after distribution of awards, the competitor should return the award.
2013 The Chinese University of Hong Kong 50th Anniversary Postgraduates Photo Contest-Application Form
上述資料如有不確 / 缺漏，將被取消參賽資格。未有獲獎者之個人資料將於評審程式完成後全部銷毀。
The eligibility will be cancelled if the above information is not real or complete. The information of the contestants who have not won the prize will be destructed after judgement.